It is no longer marketed in the USAWinstrol:
When talking about the most well-known steroid among bodybuilders, Winstrol is one of the names that will pop up. It is commonly used for boosting performance and promoting a ripped body with impressive vascularity. This is actually a brand name of stanozolol. Although it has medical uses, the drug is more popular these days for its use by bodybuilders and athletes. Stanozolol is a synthetic drug. Winstrol, like androgens such as testosterone and DHT, is an agonist of the androgen receptor. It is an already 5-alpha reduced steroid, which means it does not aromatize, which means that it is less likely to lead to water retention and other estrogenic effects.
Winstrol helps the most when it comes to performance enhancement, especially for competitive athletes. It increases strength and helps athletes to run faster. It strengthens ligaments and tendons, promoting the health of bones. It does promote nitrogen retention in muscles, boosting protein synthesis. But it is not the most effective when talking about bulking, especially for men. Winstrol helps more for cutting and preserving lean muscle mass. It offers an effective means of improving vascularity.
One of the reasons Winstrol is quite popular is that it can be used by both men and women.
Winstrol (stanozolol), otherwise known as winny, is a popular steroid in bodybuilding. This is due to it being an oral steroid that produces powerful fat burning and muscle-building effects. Furthermore, its anabolic effects come without a huge surge in water weight, allowing lean and aesthetic gains; instead of bloated looking muscles. Thus, winstrol can be used in the summer to help users get shredded; or it can be used in the off-season to add lean muscle.
Due to its versatility, winstrol is thought to be the second most popular oral steroid - behind dianabol.That's no mean feat, considering the popularity of anavar - a rival cutting steroid.
Winstrol is certainly a powerful cutting steroid, that produces impressive results; especially when stacked with other steroids. However, winstrol's side effects are just as potent as the results it yields. Therefore, winstrol should only be cycled in moderate doses by intermediate steroid-users (that tolerate them well). Always consult a doctor before running a winstrol cycle and be sure to take the recommended liver, heart and PCT supplements to keep your body as healthy as possible during and after a cycle.
Stanozolol is a synthetic steroid that is derived from testosterone and has anabolic and androgenic properties. It first came on the market in 1962. Over time, the marketing and labeling of stanozolol has been altered due to FDA requirements and changes in the drug market. In 2010, it was withdrawn from the U.S. market.
Stanozolol can be administered orally or intramuscularly. Some of its therapeutic uses include the treatment of aplastic anemia and hereditary angioedema. It has also been indicated as an adjunct therapy for the treatment of various other medical conditions such as vascular disorders and growth failure.
Include those commonly associated with anabolic steroids such as menstrual irregularities, acne, atrophy of the breasts in women, and impotence, testicular atrophy, prostatic hypertrophy in men. Risks of heart attacks, strokes, liver damage, and psychiatric disturbances could occur in both sexes.
The drug was first banned in sport by the International Olympic Committee and the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) in 1974. Its notable mark on sport history came in 1988, when Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson tested positive for stanozolol at the Olympic Games and was stripped of his gold medal in the 100 meters.
Stanozolol was discovered in 1959. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved it in 1962 under the brand name Winstrol for certain conditions. Body builders and other athletes became aware that it could help them bulk up or compete better, and began using it. But sports federations banned it later as a performance-enhancing drug. Its approval was modified as regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry evolved. Winstrol was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2010 and is now available only with a prescription to treat hereditary angiodema, anemia and breast cancer.
How Winstrol works:
Most cases of HAE are caused by mutations of the SERPING1 gene, which contains the information necessary to generate a protein called C1 esterase inhibitor (C1INH). People with HAE produce nonfunctional or insufficient amounts of C1INH, leading to spontaneous swelling in the body. As a consequence of C1INH deficiency, C4 protein levels are also almost always low in HAE patients. Winstrol increases levels of C1INH and C4 protein in the blood by enhancing their production. Elevating levels of the two proteins close to the normal range helps prevent HAE attacks. Although the exact mechanism of how it acts on protein production is not fully understood, Winstrol is a well-established treatment for managing HAE.
Stanozolol, an anabolic steroid also known by the brand name Winstrol, can help an athlete get stronger, build muscle mass, boost acceleration, recover faster from workouts and other physical stresses and become more assertive, Wadler said. He said there are no firm data on how well stanozolol works in comparison to other anabolic steroids when abused by athletes.
Yesalis said stanozolol appears to be moderately effective at building muscle, but not as potent as some alternatives. Wadler said there's some indication that stanozolol is less associated with highly bulked, body-builder type muscles than other anabolic steroids are. He also said stanozolol could help a player avoid serious injury because it helps the body recover from physical stress.
Major League Baseball:
Stanozolol would be tempting for any athlete wanting to gain strength and avoid lingering injuries without the extra bulk that many anabolic steroids bring. But for an athlete wanting to avoid detection, experts say it's not the smartest choice. 'No tested athlete in their right mind should be using that drug,' said Charles Yesalis of Pennsylvania State University, who said he was 'shocked' when he heard reports that Rafael Palmeiro had turned in a positive test.
There is no known masking agent that can hide stanozolol use from a drug screen, said Dr. Gary Wadler of New York University, an expert on drug use by athletes. When taken by pill it can linger in the body and be detected for several weeks to a month, while an injection can be identified for up to several months, he said.Palmeiro began serving a 10-day suspension Monday for failing a drug test that took place sometime after his testimony on Capitol Hill in March that he never used steroids.
Major league baseball players have tested positive for stanozolol in the past. Among 1,133 drug tests administered by the sport in 2004, 11 of 12 positive results detected stanozolol.Wadler said he wasn't sure why that particular steroid was so popular, but speculated that one reason might be the lack of extreme muscle bulking. He also said athletes probably are comfortable with the drug because it's been in the competitive arena for so long. Athletes have to use it six to eight weeks at least to get any benefit, Yesalis said.
Builds Lean Muscle:
Stanozolol works by improving a natural function of the body in building muscle fiber. During strenuous activity, tiny tears form in muscle tissue. The body responds to this tearing, or microtrauma, by building more muscle tissue around the damaged area, avoiding future injury. This process of muscle repair is known as muscle protein synthesis. When an anabolic steroid like stanozolol is introduced to the bloodstream, it is taken up by androgen receptors where it stimulates muscle protein synthesis.
Stanozolol is sought after for its ability to help an athlete build lean muscle without gaining water weight. When a person utilizes stanozolol, nitrogen is retained, which is then converted to amino acids. Amino acids are key in generating available proteins from which muscle can be grown.In addition, drugs like stanozolol block the release of cortisol, or the stress hormone that typically relates to soreness following physical exertion. Athletes or bodybuilders who are pushing their bodies to extremes rely on this aspect of the drug to allow them to push harder or perform longer without the consequence of muscle pain and fatigue.
Winstrol (Stanozolol) A Basic Guide By Heavyiron:
Stanozolol has a anabolic rating of 320 and an androgenic rating of 30 making it an excellent steroid for promoting muscle growth with zero water retention. Stanozolol cannot aromatize into estrogen so estrogenic side effects like water retention are not a factor. Even the most gyno prone users can use Winstrol without any worry of gynocomastia.
Winstrol is excellent for dieting bodybuilders and is best employed near the end of a cutting cycle to keep the user anabolic but give a dry shredded appearance. Winstrol is also favored by speed athletes like runners, swimmers and even fighters who want to stay in a certain weight class but want to have an anabolic edge.
Winstrol also significantly lowers SHBG even at very low doses in a matter of a few days. This is significant because that equates to more free testosterone. Winstrol stacked with testosterone means more testosterone stays free or active. Some users report increased sex drive when stacking Winstrol with testosterone. Basically Winstrol makes your testosterone work better and it can raise libido.
- Winstrol is a classic 'cutting' steroid in that it produces clean, solid (though slow and slight) gains without water retention. This is due to its molecular structure it cannot covert to estrogen. In fact is actually has ANTI estrogen effects due to being derived from DHT, (Dihydrotestosterone) therefore it has the ability to block SHBG. (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin).
- It also has an anti progestrogenic effect and for that reason Winstrol is advised to be used in conjunction with Deca Durabolin to counteract the progesterone it produces. (Though it isn't completely clear how this occurs).
- Winstrol is also the only compound that comes in a tablet and injectable version, both of which can be taken orally, which is preferable since it's water based and the injections are painful. There is also a veterinarian version that is the very same chemical compound as the human version - the only steroid to hold that distinction.
- Winstrol has a reputation of being weak. This is the result of early reports from the pioneer steroid Guru's such as Dan Duchain and Bill Phillips. Dan went on to say that it was only effective in women. Of course, the original dosage was a mere 2 mgs tablet. With the advent of UG labs, the typical dosage of a Winstrol tab is 10 mgs. Still on the low side, but high enough that 4-5 tabs a day will show the positive effects the drug has to offer.
- Winstrol's most attractive asset is the 'quality' of muscle it produces - hard, thick, dense and tight. Since it lowers estrogen it also lowers fat. One would think this would make Winstrol extremely desirable but old notions die hard. Most bodybuilders like to see the numbers of the scale go up and since Winstrol does not produce huge gains, due mostly to a lack of water retention. This all adds up to Winstrol being dismissed as a mass drug. Nevertheless, Winstrol stacks swell with Testosterone and other steroids and can even take the place of Proviron as a 'hardener.'
- The liquid version is used on racehorses, which is why it got a reputation for being ideal for track and field athlete. (You may remember when Olympic sprinter Ben Johnson was busted for steroids, it was Winstrol that was detected).
- The down side of Winstrol, as with all 17 alpha alkylated drugs is the stress it puts on the liver. It obliterates 'good' cholesterol and ****es the bad LDL and even has a slight dehydrating effect leading some people to complain about stiff joints with its use. All of this occurs, not with continued use, but within just a few days.
- For years, Winstrol was considered a 'safe' drug but it appears that it isn't the healthiest choice and is better off being implemented for specific purposes such as a 'kick start' to a cycle or a 'finisher.'
- Winstrol is relatively inexpensive to manufacture, which is why it is often substituted by UG labs for the more pricy orals such as Anavar and Primobolan and even Proviron. Since each of these drugs produce 'dry' gains it would be unlikely that the customer would know the difference.
- Winstrol was a favorite among many of the early steroid using bodybuilders - when definition, aesthetics and a slim waist was every bit as important, if not more so, than sheer size. Winstrol produces a 'polished' look to the physique that also makes it popular with models who want to look 'fit,' but not 'steroidal.'
- Winstrol is very popular among competitive bodybuilders when in the cutting phase. Not for the hardening effect but for the fact that it also increases vascularity. Winstrol is perhaps the harshest of all steroids on the hairline, no doubt to the effect of the DHT.
Winstrol is readily available and inexpensive. The going rate is a dollar a tab but you might be able to find it for as low as 50 cents a tab if you find a good source.
20 mgs a day will show good results. Using less may prove unsatisfactory. Using more will increase the effect but duration should be kept to 4 weeks or less.
Stanozolol is an anabolic steroid previously used to treat poor appetite, anemia, and other health issues. Studies are limited however, and use is uncommon as it is no longer marketed in the United States. A newer study shows it may be effective in treating tracheal collapse in dogs. It is used in pet animals only; it is not used in farmed animals. This medication is considered a controlled substance.
Although the commercially produced form was FDA approved in dogs, cats, and horses, its current use as a compounded medication in dogs, cats, horses, birds, reptiles, ferrets, rabbits, and other small mammals to treat weight loss, anemia, poor appetite, and other issues is 'off label' or 'extra label'. Many drugs are commonly prescribed for off label use in veterinary medicine. In these instances, follow your veterinarian's directions and cautions very carefully as their directions may be significantly different from those on the label.
Stanozolol is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from dihydrotestosterone. It is indicated prophylactically to decrease the frequency and severity of attacks of angioedema. In rare cases, serious and even fatal cases of liver problems have developed during treatment with stanozolol. Anabolic steroids may increase sensitivity to anticoagulants; therefore, dosage of an anticoagulant may have to be decreased in order to maintain the prothrombin time at the desired therapeutic level.
- Stanozolol is only found in individuals that have used or taken this drug
- A synthetic anabolic steroid with therapeutic uses in treating hereditary angioedema
- First synthesized by Clinton et al. in 1959, as a heterocyclic anabolic androgenic steroid
- The structure of Stanozolol differs from endogenous steroid hormones and most commercially available anabolic steroids
- It most closely resembles methyl testosterone
- It has been abused by several high profile professional athletes
Like most other anabolic steroids, Stanozolol has poor gas chromatographic behavior and is difficult to detect in urine, because of renal clearance and low urinary excretion. This is due to the rapid metabolization, leading to low concentration levels of the parent compound found in urine. Therefore, most research studies had focused on the detection of urinary metabolites.
In rare cases, serious and even fatal cases of liver problems have developed during treatment with stanozolol. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience abdominal pain, light colored stools, dark colored urine, unusual fatigue, nausea or vomiting, or yellowing of the skin or eyes. These may be early signs of liver problems.What should I avoid while taking Stanozolol?
There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activities while taking stanozolol unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Drug Interactions (77) Alcohol/Food Interactions (1) Disease Interactions (10)
What other drugs will affect Stanozolol?
Before taking stanozolol, talk to your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
You may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring if you are taking any of the medicines listed above. Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with stanozolol. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products.
- an anticoagulant (blood thinner) such as warfarin (Coumadin); or
- insulin or an oral diabetes medicine such as glipizide (Glucotrol), glyburide (DiaBeta, Glynase, Micronase), glimepiride (Amaryl), chlorpropamide (Diabinese), acetohexamide (Dymelor), tolbutamide (Orinase), tolazamide (Tolinase), and others.
A total of 77 drugs are known to interact with Stanozolol.
- 9 major drug interactions
- 68 moderate drug interactions
|Chemical Safety Summary:
|Main risks and target organs:
|There is no serious risk from acute poisoning, but chronic use can cause harm. The main risks are those of excessive androgens: menstrual irregularities and virilization in women and impotence, premature cardiovascular disease and prostatic hypertrophy in men. Both men and women can suffer liver damage with oral anabolic steroids containing a substituted 17-alpha-carbon. Psychiatric changes can occur during use or after cessation of these
|Summary of clinical effects:
|Acute overdosage can produce nausea and gastrointestinal upset. Chronic usage is thought to cause an increase in muscle bulk, and can cause an exageration of male characteristics and effects related to male hormones. Anabolic steroids can influence sexual function. They can also cause cardiovascular and hepatic damage. Acne and male- pattern baldness occur in both sexes; irregular menses, atrophy of the breasts, and clitoromegaly in women; and testicular atrophy and prostatic hypertrophy in men.
|The diagnosis depends on a history of use of oral or injected anabolic steroids, together with signs of increased muscle bulk, commonly seen in 'body-builders'. Biochemical tests of liver function are often abnormal in patients who take excessive doses of oral anabolic steroids. Laboratory analyses of urinary anabolic steroids and their metabolites can be helpful in detecting covert use of these drugs.
|First aid measures and management principles:
|Supportive care is the only treatment necessary or appropriate for acute intoxication. Chronic (ab)users can be very reluctant to cease abuse, and may require professional help as with other drug misuse.
WINSTROL (anabolic steroids) tablets for oral administration are pink, round tablets scored on one side. Bottles of 100 NDC 0024-2253-04. Store at controlled room temperature 15 to 30 degrees C (59 to 86 degrees F).
It is no longer marketed in the USA
- An androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS)
- Derived from dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
- Developed in 1962
- It is used to treat hereditary angioedema
- It is also used in veterinary medicine
- It is given by mouth in humans or by injection into muscle in animals
- Stanozolol is one of the AAS commonly used as performance-enhancing drugs and is banned from use in sports competition
- Stanozolol has been used in US horse racing
- Side effects of stanozolol include virilization (masculinization), hepatotoxicity, cardiovascular disease, and hypertension
- Stanozolol is metabolized in the liver
- Its biological half-life is reported to be 9 hours when taken by mouth and 24 hours when given by intramuscular injection
- A duration of action of one week or more via intramuscular injection
- The primary metabolites are unique to stanozolol and are detectable in the urine for up to 10 days after a single 5 - 10 mg oral dose
Unlike most injectable AAS, stanozolol is not esterified and is sold as an aqueous suspension, or in oral tablet form. The drug has a high oral bioavailability, due to a C17α alkylation which allows the hormone to survive first-pass liver metabolism when ingested. It is because of this that stanozolol is also sold in tablet form
Stanozolol has mostly been discontinued, and remains available in only a few countries.
Stanozolol Steroid Cycle, Benefits, Side effects & Dosage For Bodybuilding - However, since Stanozolol is typically not used in isolation and is often part of a stacked steroid cycle, the initiation of PCT and the selection of drugs are likely influenced by other ...
Thursday February 08, 2024 - ndtv.com
Don Catlin, Who Ran an Elite Antidoping Laboratory, Dies at 85 - Dr. Catlin, who was sometimes called the father of drug testing in sports ... the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul after he tested positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol. Such controversies ...
Winstrol in Australia – Cycle, Side Effects & Where to Buy Stanozolol Online - Winstrol (also known as Stanozolol) is recognized globally for its tremendous ability to enhance physical performance and muscle definition. Predominantly favored by athletes and fitness ...
Hattie Boydle and Koben Moore: Fitness influencer couple are allegedly busted with steroids and party drugs in Gold Coast home - stanozolol and growth hormones, as well as cocaine and MDMA. The couple is facing 13 counts of possessing dangerous drugs and one count each of supplying dangerous drugs, unauthorised possession ...
Global study of doping cases involving children highlights cases in Russia, India and China - In cases that reached a sanction, the most commonly found doping substance was the diuretic furosemide in Russia, the anabolic steroid stanozolol in India and clenbuterol in China, the report said.
Anabolic agents: recent strategies for their detection and protection from inadvertent doping - According to the WADA Prohibited List, anabolic agents consist of exogenous anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) including for instance stanozolol ... of microdoses or to an earlier cessation of the ...
Brewers pitcher tests positive for PEDs for second time in two seasons, gets 162-game ban - It first came on the market in 1962. Over time, the marketing and labeling of stanozolol has been altered due to FDA requirements and changes in the drug market. In 2010, it was withdrawn from the ...
Steroids for Sale in the UK: How and Where to Buy Steroids Online in 2024 - Noteworthy products that have solidified Ultima Pharma's glowing reputation include Tren, Clen, and Stanozolol, among others ... and other performance-enhancing drugs, coupled with the enlistment of a ...
Challenges and threats to implementing the fight against doping in sport - Drugs such as nandrolone, stanozolol, rHuEPO, testosterone and cortisol can be purchased without difficulty over the Internet or accessed in most fitness centres worldwide. Importantly, the issue of ...
OPINION: Aaron Judge is MLB's True, Single-Season Home Run King - The book alleges that he used a number of performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormone, 'the cream and the clear,' insulin, testosterone decanoate, stanozolol, Clomid, Deca ...
Global study of doping cases involving minors points to Russia, India and China - A 10-year global study of positive doping tests by children and young teenagers showed diuretics, stimulants and anabolic steroids include stanozolol were the most commonly found substances.
|Steroids | Link to this page