Camazepam is a benzodiazepine psychoactive drug, marketed under the brand names Albego, Limpidon and Paxor. It is the dimethyl carbamate ester of temazepam, a metabolite of diazepam. While it possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, skeletal muscle relaxant and hypnotic properties it differs from other benzodiazepines in that its anxiolytic properties are particularly prominent but has comparatively limited anticonvulsant, hypnotic and skeletal muscle relaxant properties. Changes in sleep with camazepam were minimal. However, non-anxious subjects reported being more relaxed the next day. Camazepam may cause skin disorders.
A benzodiazepine drug that is stronger in terms of anxiety relief than it is in terms of how hypnotic it is. It is a metabolite of diazepam and has limited anticonvulsant properties.
|All ROAs:||45-90 minutes||8-12 hours||1-12 hours|
Avoid all other CNS depressants.
- Camazepam is a benzodiazepine which is a dimethyl carbamate ester of temazepam, a metabolite of diazepam.
- Similarly to other drugs in its class, it has antxiolytic, anticonvulsant, hypnotic, and skeletal muscle relaxant properties. However, unlike other benzodiapeines camazepam is predominantly anxiolytic and is relatively weak as an anticonvulsant, hypnotic and skeletal muscle relaxant.
Camazepam also has less side effects, such as impaired cognition and reaction times, compared to other benzodiazepines. However, impairment of cognition and disrupted sleep patterns will occur at doses higher than 40mg of carazepam.
- Camazepam is also believed to increase attention, and is associated with skin disorders.
- A benzodiazepine psychoactive drug
- Indicated for the short-term treatment of insomnia and anxiety
- Compared to temazepam, camazepam has shown roughly equal anxiolytic properties, and less anticonvulsant, sedative and motor-impairing properties.
- Following oral administration, camazepam is almost completely absorbed into the bloodstream, with 90 percent bioavailability achieved in humans
- Half-life of the terminal elimination phase ranged from 6.4 to 10.5 h
- With higher doses, such as 40 mg of camazepam, impairments similar to those caused by other benzodiazepines manifest as disrupted sleep patterns and impaired cognitive performance
- Skin disorders have been reported
While it possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, skeletal muscle relaxant and hypnotic properties it differs from other benzodiazepines in that its anxiolytic properties are particularly prominent but has comparatively limited anticonvulsant, hypnotic and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.
|Depressants | Link to this page|